Tuesday, December 21, 2010

(Q) Review: Sigma Brush Complete Kit w/ Brush Roll

Retail Price: $99.00 (Odd, because I purchased this for $89.00...?)
RATING: 1/2 (3.5 out of 5)
NOTE: This is completely MY opinion. This is not posted to bring offense to anyone at all and is only posted to express my thoughts on this subject. If you agree, wonderful, if you don't agree, wonderful, God Bless to all. :)


Description (Based on Official Website): 
Includes a brush roll w/ 12 proffesional quality brushes. Click here for more information.


Review:
(Since this is a quick review, I will only mention things that I feel most affect my rating of this product)


Before I start, I will mention that I did purchase this last Christmas, so I have used these quite a bit. Also, Sigma has changed the names/numbers that represents each brush. Which means, that it is possible for these brushes to have improved over the past year. 



  • Brush Roll: Made out of a soft high quality material that feels very good to the touch and is easy to clean as well. Always A+. Some people say it smells funny, but it didn't bother me much...
  • Large Powder Brush (F30): Overall this brush is pretty dense and is pretty soft, nothing exceptional though. One thing that I absolutely dread about this is how it sheds... This sheds like CRAZY. (To me crazy is when I can't go through dusting powder over my face w/out having AT LEAST 4 hairs fall out on my face.) It might not be considered much... but 4 hairs mean I have to pick at my face 4 times more times than required, possibly ruining the texture and canvas that my liquid foundation has created under it....
  • Duo Fibre (F50): I use this for applying liquid foundation and occasionally for blush. This also sheds like crazy...~ -_- But it still gets the job done. I would say the quality isn't too different from a Sephora Duo Fibre. It's just a regular Duo Fibre. Nothing special.
  • Large Angled Contour (F40):  This could've been my favorite of the brush set... but it just smelled SOO horrible when I got it... lol It's really soft and fits perfect in the hollows of my cheeks and has an ideal shape to cover other areas such as the sides of my forehead to contour.
  • Eyeliner (E05): I like how the brushes are firm, which gives me great control on where and how I apply my makeup. BUT I wouldn't mind if it was a bit thinner. I'd rather have the brush be a little thinner and give me an option to create thick & thin lines then only being able to create thicker lines and struggling to create thinner ones as I please.




No comments:

Post a Comment